Regional Sports Co-ordinator
Special Olympics New Zealand is a sports organisation that provides sporting opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities throughout New Zealand.
This role is based in Hamilton, but we are open to a discussion about options for other locations in the Waikato/Bay of Plenty area. You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of sporting opportunities in-school alongside school events and supporting Special Olympics clubs in the Central North Island.
Reporting to the RSC Director who is based in Wellington, you will be responsible for supporting regions, clubs and schools to deliver quality and sustainable sports programmes for their athletes and building depth around volunteer and coaching capability across the region.
We are seeking applications from individuals with the following attributes:
- An understanding of sport and confidence to deliver sporting opportunities for school students and provide support and advice in the school and club space.
- Be able to work on your own within a wider national team.
- General knowledge of the intellectual disability sector, or a willingness to learn more about intellectual disability.
- Excellent communication, people management, administration and organisation skills.
- Ability to build relationships across a broad range of organisations and individuals both internally and externally.
- Previous experience of working with and understanding the challenges for volunteers and clubs, together with knowledge of the schools sector would be preferable.
- A good level of understanding around the use of IT, including use of the Microsoft Suite, email and use of databases.
For a copy of the position descriptions, or to apply, send a cover letter and your C.V. by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on Wednesday 23 June 2021. For further information refer to our website www.specialolympics.org.nz or contact Josie Fitzsimons on 027 299 4734 or email@example.com