Eastlink Community Hub Development and Activation Co-ordinator Role
Eastlink Community Hub (‘ECH’) is a not-for-profit charitable trust located at Old Farm Road, Hamilton East. The Eastlink Community Hub is made of the following member clubs; Waikato Tennis Trust, Lugton Park Squash Club, Eastlink Cricket Club, Waikato Badminton Association, Hamilton Wado-Kai Karate Club, and Hamilton In-Line Hockey Club.
We are the umbrella organisation for all sports based at the sports hub in Hamilton East. ECH is the largest and only sports hub in Hamilton providing a range of sports and activities to members, casuals, community groups, schools, and the general public. All sports aim to cater for people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
We are currently looking for a Development and Activation Co-ordinator to work alongside the ECH Board, and with our Member organisations, and other Stakeholders.
The purpose of the role is to encourage, develop and maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders, including and not exclusive to member clubs, community groups, schools, the University of Waikato, Hamilton City Council, and funding agencies.
The role is a part-time role working up to 20 hours per week.
The key accountabilities of the role are:
The qualities that we are looking for from candidates interested in the role are:
- Maintaining & developing strong and positive relationships with ECH’s stakeholders e.g. ECH Member organisations, HCC, & Sport Waikato
- Seek out and develop relationships with community organisations to increase access and utilisation of the existing sporting facilities currently within the ECH Hub
- Co-ordinate regular communications to ECH Stakeholders
- Co-ordinating the marketing & promotion of ECH, including maintaining ECH’s various social media channels
- Oversee the financial management of ECH
- Provide administration and operational support to the ECH Board Chair, ECH Board, and ECH Member organisations as required
- To develop and co-ordinate the delivery of programmes and activities at a Hub level e.g. school holiday programmes
Our Vision - To enable member organisations to
- Tertiary qualification in sport management & recreation, or proven experience in a sport management & recreation role
- Valid NZ driver’s license
- Ability to build strong and positive relationships with both existing and new Stakeholders
(collaborate) offer sport and recreation for the
wellbeing of all people in our community
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to the ECH Board Chair at email@example.com.
- Effective oral, written & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience of managing social media channels
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Strong computer & Microsoft Office skills
- Attention to detail
Applications close once a suitable applicant is appointed.