All applications must be submitted between 3 August 2020 and 4 September 2020. All applications must be submitted on the form provided by each Regional Sports Trust (RST), and with attachments requested or by downloading an application form from the RST's website.
Only one application will be accepted per organisation. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
We request some information to be provided in attachments. These may be a PDF document, or a photo/scan of a document.
We recommend that you read the [link to Application Form Questions] and make notes before you begin your application in the online form, to make sure you have all the information you need.
Conditions of application
All conditions of application described in the application form must be accepted. They are:
- I confirm that I am authorised to submit this application on behalf of the organisation, and that our directors and/or trustees and/or treasurer are aware of and support this submission.
- I confirm that information in this application is correct, and that any amount we receive as a result of this application will be used as specified in our application.
- I acknowledge that Sport NZ has the right to audit the information provided in this application and the use of any funds granted. I will provide full cooperation in the event of such an audit being undertaken.
- I note the “Protecting your information” section of the “Sport NZ Community Resilience Fund Phase 2 Guidelines”. We authorise Sport NZ to make such enquires as it deems fit in considering the application (including banking details) and we accept and agree that details of any grant Sport NZ makes to our organisation may be made public.
Information provided in the application may be audited
The money paid to successful applicants came from the New Zealand Government. Sport NZ is responsible for ensuring that it achieves its intended purpose. This is addressed through the assessment process and through subsequent reviews by auditors.
The assessment process relies on information provided in response to questions in the application form. Applicants must therefore supply some information (including annual income and costs, GST registration, and reserves and what they are committed for, and the most recent annual financial statements) to provide a view of the overall financial situation.
By submitting an application, the applicant accepts that Sport NZ may subsequently require evidence of the accuracy of the information in the application form, and evidence of how awarded funds were spent. Funds not applied for the intended purpose are to be refunded to Sport NZ.
Invoice for payment upon successful application
If your application is successful, the RST will contact you to notify you of the amount you will receive, and ask you to submit an invoice for this amount.
If the successful organisation is registered for GST:
- The invoice you provide must be for the amount you have been awarded plus GST at 15%
- The invoice must be a valid GST invoice
- The GST number on your invoice must match the GST number you put in the application
If the successful organisation is not registered for GST:
- The invoice you provide must be for the amount you have been awarded
Payments will be made after the RST receives a valid invoice from your organization, for the approved amount.
Please read the FAQ.
If you need further guidance in the application process, or experience technical difficulties submitting your application before the closing date, you can contact your relevant Regional Sports Trust.