What is KiwiSport?
The KiwiSport Regional Partnership fund is a government funded initiative that helps to get more school-aged children participating in organised sport. Sport NZ who oversee the KiwiSport fund have enlisted the 14 Regional Sports Trusts, such as Sport Waikato, to manage the fund on their behalf. The amount of funding allocated to each Sports Trust depends on how many school-aged children are in each region. Sport Waikato has administrated this fund on behalf of Sport NZ since 2009.
2017-2018 Kick Start Fund Rounds
New round open now - closing Friday 28 July
17th September 2017
15th October 2017
19th November 2017
14th January 2018
18th February 2018
18th March 2018
15th April 2018
20th May 2018
Community Partnership Fund (CPF) Application Round
There will be one main funding round for the CPF with a closing date of 27th August 2017. This will be for projects beginning 2018 or Term 4 2017.
It is recommended that organisations contact Sport Waikato to discuss their proposed projects before completing an application form.
Click on the appropriate side tab (at right) for information and the application form.
KiwiSport objectives are:
- More Kids - increasing the number of school-age children participating in organised sport; during school, after school and by strengthening links with sports clubs;
- More Opportunities - increasing the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children to participate in organised sport;
- Better Skills - to support children in developing skills that will enable them to participate effectively in organised sport.
KiwiSport Funding streams are:
- Community Partnership Fund (CPF): for the Development of Youth Sport
- Kick Start Project Fund
- Secondary School Initiative (SSI) Fund: Secondary School applicants only
- Student Sport Workforce Fund: Non-contestable fund
KiwiSport Waikato Key Priorities
The key priorities identified through the 2015 consultation for the Waikato region are listed below. These characteristics will help to shape new KiwiSport Waikato projects through 2015-2018.
- Providing cost effective sporting experiences for all children
- Developing wider local opportunities for young people to become involved in sport and reducing the amount of time and cost.
- Encouraging adults to become more involved in supporting youth sport
- Fostering positive relationships between schools and clubs
- Ensuring that competitions and sporting experiences are developmentally appropriate for young people
- Development of Local Coaches to help enable sport within the community
- Encouraging the participation of girls in sport
If you require assistance or clarification with KiwiSport Waikato's funding streams, please don’t hesitate to contact Gilly Alexander; 07 858 5388, 027 289 9807 or firstname.lastname@example.org